If you missed Fun Fitness Facts Part 1 click HERE to see what was talked about in the previous post.
When learning more about health and fitness, I think it is a great ideas to also learn some fun facts about health and fitness related ideas. It makes health and fitness a lot more fun, and it is a great conversation started when you talk to other people about health and fitness ideas.
- Aerobic exercise is one of the best preventative medicines available and one of the cheapest.
- If you are not a regular exerciser, by the time you are 65 you may experience as much as an 80% decrease in your muscle strength
- Walking at a brisk pace (a 15-minute mile or 4 mph) burns almost as many calories as jogging for the same distance.
- Dancing is a terrific and fun form of exercise that can improve cardiovascular fitness just like any other more formal type of exercise. SO do not be afraid to try those Zumba classes you keep hearing about!
- Regular exercise can reduce the signs and symptoms of PMS.
- “Your stomach is about the size of both of your hands held out in front of you cupped together like a bowl. It’s your body’s fuel tank. It is the right size for your body. In a car, if you overfill your gas tank, it will spill out on the ground, wasting the gas. In your body, the fuel doesn’t spill out. The body saves it as FAT!” Make sure you’re not over-filling your tank.
- Did you know that it only takes 100 too many calories each day to gain 10 pounds in a year?
- Did you know that it only takes a deficit of 500 calories a day to lose a pound a week?
- It’s impossible to “turn fat into muscle” but you can gain muscle and lose fat.
- Standing up straight burns more calories than slouching – just one more reason for good posture. Stand up straight. Good posture burns more calories than slouching
- We shed 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime.
- Only about 22 percent of American adults engage in regular, sustained physical activity for at least 30 minutes five times a week, and only 15 percent exercise both regularly and vigorously.