Well since the start of this blog, I have been telling all the important things about fitness.
Today I wanted to change things up a bit and talk about the things that are insightful and fun about fitness!
- The human body has more than 650 muscles.
- If you had every single muscle in your body work together at the same time, you could lift about 50,000 pounds.
- Each muscle fiber is thinner than a hair and can support up to 1,000 times its own weight.
- By the time you have reached old age, you will have walked approximately 70,000 miles
- Consistent exercise teaches your body how to be an efficient fat-burner, rather than a fat-storer.
- If you are not a regular exerciser, by the time you are 65 you may experience as much as an 80% decrease in your muscle strength.
- There are 206 bones in the human body. One fourth of them are in your feet.
- Underwater swimming is the only time you should hold your breathe while exercising.
- It takes only about 23 seconds for blood to circulate throughout your entire body.
- A person breathes 7 quarts of air every minute.
- Your heart is the strongest muscle of your body and beats about 100,000 times in one day, in an average adult.
- Placed end to end, the blood vessels in your body would stretch almost three times around the equator.
- If you can’t carry on a conversation while you’re exercising, you may be training too hard.
- Studies have shown your life expectancy might increase by up to two hours for every hour you walk.
There are so many hidden benefits to adopting a fitness routine and maintaining until old age! It is so important to try to remain active. It will have a great effect on your health today and 20 years from now! Not to mention it will allow you to feel and look great!