Tired of trying the same quick snacks that you have gotten accustomed to eating? Well no worries! There is a WIDE variety of snacks that you can try that are not expensive, quick to grab, and yummy that will satisfy your cravings until your next meal!
These are some good snacks that you can keep in your purse, desk, or lunchbox that you can snack on to help keep you on track with your healthy eating habits.
1. Watermelon (serving size is about 1 cup cut into cubes or balls that can be created by scooping out with an ice cream scoop)
2. Cubed Apples and Cubed Cheese (suggested serving size is 1 cup)
3. Craisins (suggested serving size 1 cup. Also great to have on a salad or in yogurt!)
4. Goldfish Crackers (suggested serving size about 55 pieces)
5. Roasted Asparagus (you can also try four spears spritzed with olive-oil spray and topped with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, baked for 10 minutes at 400°)
6. Turkey Roll-Ups (Four slices smoked turkey rolled up and dipped in 2 teaspoons honey mustard you can also add low fat swiss cheese to add a little more taste)
7. Strawberry Salad (1 cup raw spinach with ½ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon balsamic dressing)
8. Oatmeal (try to stay away from the flavored oatmeal those add a lot of sugar. you can get plain oatmeal and add brown sugar or honey to add some flavor. you can even add fruit or yogurt!)
9. Banana Smoothie (½ cup sliced banana, ¼ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, and a handful of ice blended until smooth)
10. Lime Sherbet (1/2 cup suggested serving size ) with sliced kiwi or any other fruit
11. Apple Chips (dehydrated apples! My favorite are Fiji apples or honey crisp because those retain the best flavor and sweetness)
12. Black Beans (mix 1/4 cup black beans with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt for an added twist! Can eat this plan or on ONE piece of whole wheat bread)
13. Lettuce wrap (try two slices honey-baked ham with 2 teaspoons honey mustard rolled in a lettuce leaf)
14. Pecans (try five pecans roasted with 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon this could also go great on a salad!)
15. Chocolate Covered Strawberries (dip 5 strawberries in 2 squares of dark chocolate)
16. Honeyed Yogurt (½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey)
17. Tropical Juice Smoothie (¼ cup pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice, blended with ice)
18. Turkey and cheese wrap made with a whole wheat tortilla (Add mustard for flavor and don’t be afraid to add lettuce and other veggies)
19. Fruit and Cheese Kabobs ( You can alternate chunks of fresh fruit and cheese cubes and thread them on a bamboo skewer for a fun and healthy snack)
20. A couple of hard-boiled eggs with carrot, celery sticks, and hummus (roasted red pepper hummus of a low-fat cream cheese or peanut butter)
Thanks to SixSistersStuff.com for some of these suggestions! Be sure to check out http://rxsportz.blogspot.com/2007/12/40-quick-healthy-snacks.html for some more healthy snack options!
You can also check out past post for more snack options:
So there should be No excuse as to why you can not snack on HEALTHY things during the day as opposed to a bag of chips of your favorite candy bar. Those are good to have every once in a while BUT if you want to reach your health and fitness goals you have to dedicate yourself to eating things that are beneficial to your body.
Any day is a great day to start obtaining your own health and fitness goals!!
Don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook! Free giveaways to start soon!!